Saturday, June 12, 2010

Recumbent Ride

This morning I loaded up the recumbent and headed to Knox County to ride the Kokosing Gap Trail.  Skies were mostly cloudy although at the beginning of the ride there was a bit of sun.  After four miles I rolled into Gambier.  This shot of a steam locomotive on static display I thought would make a fitting black and white.

Not far from the train on the campus of  Kenyon College I noticed this sculpture.  It's Interesting to say the least.


                 
              

            
            
During the last half of my ride the clouds got heavy and I was treated to a cool and refreshing mist.  When the temperature and humidity are up nothing feels quite as nice as riding in a light rain.  

Ride Time:  2:06 
Distance:  28.75 Mi.
Average Speed:  13.5 MPH

2 comments:

  1. I love old trains. My son was a train nut for a few years so that's how I became interested. 63 is one of two nonworking locomotives I know of close by. Too bad there is no working ones without quite a drive. Train stuff is fun to photograph because of the huge size.

    ReplyDelete