Friday, September 3, 2010

Recumbent Ride



Yesterday after work I got out for a bike ride into the countryside west of town.  The temperature was about 90 degrees and a steady wind thanks to the jet stream was coming up from the south-west.  I have been taking it easy after pulling a muscle in my abdomen from too many crunches followed by a grueling hill ride a couple of weeks ago.  I thought I had given myself a hernia!  I still have the drive of a twenty year old but the body just can't take the punishment it used to without voicing protest in some way.  I am feeling fine now and it was great to get out spin the cranks for a bit.

The route took me through flat agricultural areas that don't offer up many opportunities for photographs but I did manage to find a couple interesting scenes.  The photo below shows the edge of long cloud bank running from the south-west to the north-east.  The recumbent bike's laid back seating position allows a perfect view of the sky above and I am always on the lookout for unique cloud formations.


Bike  Recumbent
Ride Time  1:19
Distance  16.5 miles
Average Speed  12.3 mph
Max Speed  22.3 mph

2 comments:

  1. Mike you take great pics, I check out you site almost every day just to see what you have been doing. I feel like I have "Hitched" a ride.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Norm, Yes some neat things can be seen from the back of a bicycle. I'm glad I have an opportunity to share these sights.

    ReplyDelete