Monday, April 19, 2010

Bike Ride

Bike:  Recumbent
Ride Time:  1:52
Distance:  24.86 miles
Average MPH:  13.2
Max Speed MPH:  24.4

Today the wind direction dictated a ride start heading that put me north-east.  The temperature was 56 degrees F at the beginning of my ride and had dropped to 51 degrees by the stop time.  Skies were sunny but a bit hazy in the country.  The steady breeze was carrying aloft dust from farmer's disking their fields.  This ride was basically a big 25 mile square that took me into the neighboring county.  After 12 miles of mostly flat roads I turned the third corner of the big square and with a following crosswind I was able to kick it up a notch.  On the last leg with the tailwind I was able to hold 20 MPH for a bit.  Even spooked a red tail hawk up out the ditch on the far side of the road.  In a flurry of flapping red and orange feathers he got airborne.  I let off the gas and he flew alongside for short time and then satisfied with me he circled back out of my vision.  Probably heading back to finish dinner.  HP running fine.  Tire pressure was 100psi.

No comments:

Post a Comment