Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kid Rock -- Saturday August 20th -- Noblesville, IN



This past Saturday my wife and I took a little road trip to the Hoosier State to catch a Kid Rock Show and opener Sheryl Crow.  We arrived at the venue near Noblesville, Indiana just as the sun was setting on a beautiful summer day.


We walked around observing concert goers before finding our seats at the start of Sheryl's performance as night fell around the amphitheater.
 


Our vantage point was not the greatest for photography but the music sounded excellent from this location.  After a shorter set of her more up-tempo hits to warm up the crowd Sheryl turned the stage over to Kid Rock and his unique fusion of hip hop and southern rock.  The music was loud and clear. Kid's show covered all the bases with lasers, pyrotechnics, pole dancers, whiskey and big American flags.


Kid and Sheryl are an unlikely pair but the chemistry works.



I've always liked Kid Rock but until now I'd never had the pleasure of seeing him and his band perform live.  He really sells his brand but if you pay attention it's readily apparent Kid Rock is a talented musician and showman.  He played the drum kit, a piano and electric guitars on several songs as well as singing lyrics at the top of his lungs.  What I found particularly impressive was a searing cover of Ted Nugent's "Cat Scratch Fever" with Kid playing the iconic opening licks on the guitar.  Would I go to another Kid Rock show? Certainly. 

Lastly I have to give credit to my wife LeeAnn who drags me (willingly of course) all over the Mid West on her Sheryl Crow adventures.  If it wasn't for her I probably would only leave the house to ride my bike. 


1 comment:

  1. That's cool; looks like fun. I was never much of a concert goer. Last concert I saw was Depeche Mode in Orlando; it was actually pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete