Thursday, January 24, 2013

Township Hall



On a recumbent ride last spring I came across this well preserved and still used example of Ohio's early architecture.  The Tully Township Hall is located in the village of Martel just down the road from the schoolhouse I documented last year. While it was never intended for use as a schoolhouse it shares all the structural attributes so I reckoned that it deserved a spot in the series.

At some point an addition was added on to the rear of the 133 year old building and is visible in the opening picture.  I can't wait for the weather to break so I can continue my search for more of Ohio's first schools.  I know there has got to be many more around the region waiting to be discovered.


Click the "One-Room School Houses" tag below to group all my schoolhouse posts together and take a virtual tour.


1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love itty bitty little buildings... especially when they are built well enough to stand the test of time.

    ReplyDelete