Sunday, July 27, 2014

One-Room Schoolhouse -- Greenfield Township, Huron County



This restored one-room schoolhouse is the second one I've found in Greenfield Township located in Huron County, Ohio.  Just like the school in Sandusky Township this one resides under the care of the township and sits next to the maintenance garage.  It is probably used as a polling place at election time and a public gathering place for other occasions and events.


A sound roof and modern replacement windows keep with the traditional look and ensure this building will be around for many years to come.


My son and I discovered this school during a road trip returning from Lake Erie a few weeks ago.  Shortly before we passed through the area a car crash occurred along the State Route on which we were traveling.  A detour was set up by the authorities to route traffic around the crash that led us through the small village of Stueben and right to the schoolhouse.  I didn't have my camera but managed to get a few good shots to share with my cellphone. 

    

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see history preserved. So much of our cultural heritage is being lost.

    ReplyDelete